SpeedFlexer – A Fast & Easy Way To Record Flexibility
What Is The SpeedFlexer?
JEB Sports Equipment and JFC Manufacturing Limited are 2 Irish companies who have developed a new health and fitness product called the SpeedFlexer.
The Rotational Moulded SpeedFlexer is the world’s first measuring and monitoring device of Hip flexibility.
For the first time, it is possible to measure quickly, accurately and easily the flexibility of the Hip. Then, with a set routine of exercises, you can improve your performance. Improved flexibility means Improved Speed.
A flexibility measurement from the SpeedFlexer shows the degrees to which you can raise each of your legs. The higher you lift your leg, the more flexible you are. Inflexiblity or imbalances will be detected from these measurements.
Readings take only a few minutes to record. Once you have your reading, you can start to improve your flexibility through the appropriate stretching exercises.
The SpeedFlexer is the ideal health and fitness product for anyone recording peoples flexibility including sports coaches, gym instructors, physiotherapists, doctors and school teachers. Once you know how flexible you are, you can start exercise that will help to increase your flexibility.
Finding out how flexible you are has many benefits. The SpeedFlexer quickly records how flexible each of your legs are.
It’s main benefits include:
- Quickly finding out how flexible your legs are, so that you can improve this with the correct exercises
- Measuring the flexibility in each leg which will show if there is an imbalance between right leg and left leg
- Helping increase your stride, leading to faster running speeds and better performance
- Reducing the risk of injuries to your hamstrings, calves, groin and lower back
- Increasing your mobility and performance
- Reducing the cost of medical expenses for teams, clubs, schools and other sports organisations
- Increasing confidence to perform better
- Players and athletes are available to compete in more competitions
Who Can Use The SpeedFlexer?
It can be used to take flexibility readings from a wide range of people ranging
from elite athletes to hospital patients recovering from an operation.
The following is a list of those who benefit from using the SpeedFlexer:
- Athletes and most sportsmen and women
- Gym members
- Hospital patients
- School children
- Anyone who wants to find out their flexibility readingso they can increase it
Steps To Use The SpeedFlexer
Taking flexibility readings is relatively easy and quick to do.
The steps involved are as follows:
1: Setup on a level floor, clear of any obstructions.
2: Fit in all protractors and height panel as outlined.
3: Person lies on their back onto the SpeedFlexer and align hips with the protractors on either side. Adjust the head marker.
4: Fit lever arm to alternate leg i.e. Fix ankle to steel bar and thigh restraint to opposite leg.
5: Raise leg to comfortable limit and measure on protractor.
6: Release and fit lever arm to opposite leg and measure again.